That's how and when my love affair with words and stories started. But here's the thing, I also read--a LOT. I read every thing I could get my hands on. And if anyone were to ask my my best advice for people who want to be writers, that's it-READ. Oh, and Write. Write and read everyday, unless you're on a really cool vacation but then again, the funny thing about writers is, we are always writing.
Her are ten things you should know about me.
- I have never eaten a scallop
- I once broke both my arms at the same time
- I have three kids and three grand kids, a cockatiel, and two neurotic parakeets
- I hate mayonnaise--never serve it to me, please.
- I once worked as a dog groomer for a very short time--like one day.
- My mother lost her job because she "gave away military secrets".
- I once won a year's supply of chocolate for writing an essay.
- I don't really like to fly, especially take offs. Landings are okay. But take offs scare me.
- I like to play video games.
- My name backwards is Ningam Ecyoj. I like it. Rather exotic.